Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
laxmods.site
Mod Author: Dunadan

PhotomodeLogo WrathLogoEdit

Disclaimer:

This mod was created for those that wish to see a more traditional representation of a fictional, high fantasy world that is ostensibly supposed to be 'medieval' in terms of culture and technology. In the past, this has been represented in its most common form as being deeply rooted in medieval Europe and its cultures.

In modern times, efforts to increase 'diversity' and 'representation' have meant that certain elements are included in such games that seem out of place and, for some, take away from the realism and immersion of the setting. Furthermore, such elements often appear to be inserted in a token manner that is distasteful to some, merely serving to put a 'check in the box' to meet diversity quotas of one sort or another.

This mod seeks to return the game to a state as it would have been made in a bygone time, with these 'certain elements' altered (or removed) in order to have the setting fit the more traditional paradigm.

It is hoped that this effort does not cause division, but rather allows people to play the game and enjoy it in the manner in which they choose, free of judgement... as all games and mods should be.

Overview:

This mod implements the following changes to the base game of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  1. Anevian: The female character Anevia has been changed to be a male character named Anevian. Character models, dialog, voiceover audio, banter audio, portraits, etc have been modified to reflect this change.
  2. Seelie: The recruitable NPC Seelah has been changed to Seelie, a character with an ethnicity more suited to a medieval European setting. Character models, dialog, voiceover audio, banter audio, portraits, etc have been modified to reflect this change.
  3. Sosiel and Trever: The recruitable NPC Sosiel and the NPC Trever have been changed to be characters with an ethnicity more suited to a medieval European setting. Character models, dialog, and portraits have been modified to reflect these changes.
  4. No Alphabets: All romance options are limited to heterosexual in nature, and other Alphabet-related material has been edited out.
Anevia

Seelie
Sosiel

Trever

Archive​
Ver​
Type​
Description​
WOKELESS WRATH - Anevian (WW_Anevian.rar)1.6
Module​
Anevian module for Wokeless Wrath, changing the female character Anevia to the male character Anevian.
WOKELESS WRATH - Seelie (WW_Seelie.rar)1.6
Module​
Seelie module for Wokeless Wrath, changing the character Seelah to Seelie, with a different ethnicity.
WOKELESS WRATH - Sosiel and Trever (WW_SosielTrever.rar)1.5
Module​
Sosiel and Trever module for Wokeless Wrath, changing the ethnicity of the characters Sosiel and Trever.
WOKELESS WRATH - No Alphabets (WW_NoAlphabets.rar)1.5
Module​
No Alphabets module for Wokeless Wrath, removing all Alphabet material and changing all romances to heterosexual-only.
WOKELESS WRATH - Undiversified (WW_Undiversified.rar)1.5
Module​
Undiversified module for Wokeless Wrath, making NPCs look largely European.
WWOKELESS WRATH - Undiversified - DangerGnomes (WW_Undiversified_DangerGnomes.rar)1.5
Variant Module​
Undiversified module for Wokeless Wrath, making NPCs look largely European, and gnomes still have dangerhair.
WOKELESS WRATH - Portraits Only (WW_Portraits.rar)1.5
Portraits
Only​
A pack of just the Wokeless Wrath NPC portraits in PNG format. Portraits for Anevian, Seelie, Sosiel, and Trever included.

Installation:

This mod currently has no language localization. It is English version only.

NOTE: It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (if not outright required) to START A NEW GAME

NOTE: The installation files used to help automate the installation process are PowerShell scripts. Therefore, as far as I know, this mod is limited to Windows installations only.

NOTE:
This mod currently has no language localization. It is for the English version only.
  1. The mod RARs contain the following:
    1. install_WW_mods.bat (BAT file used to execute PowerShell script PS1 file)
    2. install_WW_mods.ps1 (PowerShell script used to execute installation functions)
    3. 'WW_<modName>.zip' file (mod content files)
    4. 'WW_<modName>_ReadMe.txt' file (mod ReadMe file)
  2. Extract the RAR(s) anywhere on your system. You should have a folder that contains the files listed above.
  3. Before running the BAT file, decide if you are going to download any of the other Wokeless Wrath mods, there being 4 in total:
    1. Wokeless Wrath of the Righteous - Anevian (WW_Anevian)
    2. Wokeless Wrath of the Righteous - Seelie (WW_Seelie)
    3. Wokeless Wrath of the Righteous - Sosiel and Trever (WW_SosielTrever)
    4. Wokeless Wrath of the Righteous - No Alphabets (WW_NoAlphabets)
    If you do decide to download other Wokeless Wrath mods, extract their RARs TO THE SAME FOLDER (allowing the 'install_WW_mods.bat' and 'install_WW_mods.ps1' files to be overwritten) so that you end up with a folder containing the following:
    1. install_WW_mods.bat
    2. install_WW_mods.ps1
    3. a copy of each of the Wokeless Wrath ZIP mod archives from the mod RAR files you downloaded (i.e. WW_Anevian.zip, WW_Seelie.zip, WW_NoAlphabets.zip, and WW_SosielTrever.zip, or ANY COMBINATION OF THE FOUR)
    4. a copy of each of the Wokeless Wrath ReadMe documents, depending on what RARs you downloaded and extracted.
  4. The reason for the above step is that the 'install_WW_mods.bat' and 'install_WW_mods.ps1' files were coded in such a way that a single execution of the BAT file will install ALL Wokeless Wrath mod ZIP archives that they find in the same folder as them. It is noted that this step isn't strictly necessary... it's just a time-saving measure. Each mod can also be installed independently by running the 'install_WW_mods.bat' file in the folder with a mod ZIP archive even after other WW mods have been previously installed.
  5. Run the 'install_WW_mods.bat' file and follow the prompts. The files have been generated in such a way that if you select a wrong directory for either the Wrath '<user>\AppData\LocalLow' directory or the 'Main Game Install' directory, the installation won't proceed.
  6. Click through all prompts and window pop-ups, noting the progress and success (or failure) of the installation. The scripts will also generate a LOG file in the folder.
  • 1.6 (update for full DLC6 compatibility) - 18 June 2024
    • Generated and implemented new audio to complete 'full voiceover' compatibility for DLC6.
    • NOTE: only the WW_Anevian and WW_Seelie modules are affected by this update, so these are the only modules that need to be redownloaded and installed.
  • 1.5 (partial update for DLC6 compatibility)
    • Changed portraits for Anevian and Trever to better suit the game's established aesthetic. Special thanks to @amlaith for the artwork!
    • Changed dialog/text for Seelie and Anevian to account for DLC6.
    • NOTE: thanks to 'full voiceover' for DLC6, at a future point I will need to generate new audio to change the DLC6 audio files. I don't have a timeline for this but it will be a future update.
    • A new module is available: Wokeless Wrath - Undiversified! This module implements hundreds of texture edits to make NPCs look more ethnically European than in the vanilla game. The standard module also has a lot of toned down hair colours, except for characters for whom outlandish hair colours make a certain amount of sense in the setting (i.e. some elves, aasimar, tieflings, etc). The variant module, 'Undiversified - DangerGnomes' keeps vanilla gnomish hair colour outlandish for the gnomes that had it.
    • Implemented a new portrait for Seelie more aligned with the game art style.
    • Implemented a new packaging and installation process utilizing batch (.BAT) files and PowerShell (.PS1) scripts.
  • 1.1b
    • Fixed an error in the 'modify_sound.bat' file for the WW_Anevian and WW_Seelie mods that was causing people to get a "No mod JSON file found" error during patching.
  • 1.1a
    • Fixed an extremely important omission from the installation instructions for audio in WW_Seelie and WW_Anevian (involving editing your local system Wrath install folder into the modify_sound.ps1 script).
    • Completely repackaged all mod files, which provides a number of benefits:
      • Modularity: the mod is now a selection of multiple mods that can be downloaded and used independently from one another, rather than as an all-in-one package.
      • Download size: repackaging files into dedicated bundles and soundbanks has allowed for a significant reduction in total download size.
      • Simplicity: most files (except soundbank files) are now contained entirely in the Owlcat Modification folder, rather than being edited main game files requiring multiple backups, etc.
    • Initial release
Special thanks to @orinEsque , @Crusaderknight20 , @Makirige , @Silver for general assistance and work on art assets!

Attachments

• WW_NoAlphabets.rar
    730.5 KB · Views: 2
  • WW_Portraits.rar
    7 MB · Views: 2
  • WW_SosielTrever.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • WW_Undiversified.rar
    254.9 MB · Views: 4
  • WW_Undiversified_DangerGnomes.rar
    249.9 MB · Views: 1
  • WW_Anevian.rar
    64.3 MB · Views: 3
  • WW_Seelie.rar
    190.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
C

CoolManJones

lmfao i cannot even imagine the type of sweaty loser you have to be to make/download this.

D

Dunadan

lmfao i cannot even imagine the type of sweaty loser you have to be to make/download this.
Whether you take my word for it or not, I am neither sweaty nor am I a loser judging by any reasonable metric.

What I am, is beyond fed up with 'The Message' being peddled everywhere one looks. This was my small contribution to pushing against that message. Nothing more, nothing less.

D

Dunadan

@admin I see the post reflects the most current version (1.3) but the spoiler before/after for the Seelie character is still showing the old portrait for Seelie, which was just changed as of 1.3. You might want to update that image.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
laxmods.site
@admin I see the post reflects the most current version (1.3) but the spoiler before/after for the Seelie character is still showing the old portrait for Seelie, which was just changed as of 1.3. You might want to update that image.
I can't be that fast in updating all the mods, but if you would like to register on this forum as well, you'd be most welcome 😁

L

LMods

Whether you take my word for it or not, I am neither sweaty nor am I a loser judging by any reasonable metric.

What I am, is beyond fed up with 'The Message' being peddled everywhere one looks. This was my small contribution to pushing against that message. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pathetic

Top Bottom