Reaction score
Website
laxmods.site
Mod Author: orinEsque

[Source and Updates]

Aylin
Noct
Seb

"No Alphabets" mod pack ensures that the gender and sexuality of world NPCs match medieval status quo. It leverages the power of Voice AI to alter Aylin, 2 quest-related and 16 minor NPCs.
Where relevant, everything related to an NPC's identity have been altered i.e. appearance, voice, SFX, subtitles and how other NPCs refer to the target NPC.

Nearly 700 lines have been changed for the Ser Aylin Project alone!

Installation:

Prerequisite
  1. A mod manager e.g BG3 Mod Manager or Vortex. Lampray for Linux.
  2. Mod Fixer
Lingo
  1. Extract NoAlphabets Lingo to your Baldur's Gate 3 Data Folder. It looks something like:
    \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data
    You are basically dropping the "Localization" folder from the zip file into the above path.
Other Modules
  1. Simply drop the zip files (except NoAlphabetsLingo) onto the right hand panel of the BG3 Mod Manager.
  2. Once there, drag all the mods except Dice06 and Honour to the left hand panel.
  3. Order them as shown in the load order section below. Leave Voice mod in the override
  4. NoAlphabetsLingo no longer goes into BG3 Mod Manager
  5. Go to File > Export Order to Game.
  6. Go to File > Refresh Mod Updates. If upon refresh your mods end up on the right hand panel, repeat step 2 onwards.
NoAlphabets Aesthetics must load after other mods that change looks, i.e. lower down on the mod list compared to other mods that changes looks.

Screenshot 2024 01 17 012026

Read the Troubleshooting section below in case you run into issues before opening a support thread.

Optional:
If you wish to give Aylin a permanent beard, you will definitely need BG3 Mod Manager, and set "BeardedAylin" to load after "Aesthetics".
1. Naked people standing around in Character Creation
3. Can't speak to NPCs
  • You forgot to install .NET (not framework) as a part of your BG3 Mod Manager installation.
5. Can't click on anything in game
  • You may need the install latest version of Script Extender. Note: None of my mods use Script Extender.
6. Can't click on anything in game but I have installed all of the above!
This may be due to either one of these reasons:
  1. Your Lingo version is out of date. Has there been a new Larian patch? Then disable Lingo and wait for me to release an update.
  2. You are sailing the high seas and your game is outdated. Either dole out some cash or download an older version of the Lingo file.
  3. You are using an outdated game and BG3 Mod Manager might be the cause of your issues. Use Vortex instead.
7. How do I get rid of the message at character creation?
  • Install ImprovedUI

Archive ModuleVersionTypeDescription
Aesthetics5.0.0MandatoryReplaces specific heads and bodies.
Voice5.0.0MandatoryReplaces specific in-game audio files.
Lingo5.0.0MandatoryIMPORTANT: Extract to the Data Folder. Replaces specific lines only.
DialogTree1.0.0MandatoryAlters Dialogue Choices.
CCreator3.8.0OptionalRemoves alphabetism from the the character creator.
CCreator_noGen1.4.0OptionalSame as above but also disables genital carousel, sex based default used.
BeardedAylin4.4.0OptionalSer Aylin keeps his beard permanently. Needs to load after "Aesthetics"

Lingo FR 5.0.0AlternativeFrenchRemplace TOUS les textes du jeu. (@Tipfy)
Lingo RU 4.4.0AlternativeRussianМеняет ВЕСЬ внутриигровой текст. (@Aleks1398, @Faceless_Sentinel )
Lingo PL 4.4.0AlternativePolishZastępuje WSZYSTKIE teksty w grze. (@Alef Zero)
Lingo DE 4.3.0AlternativeGermanErsetzt JEDEN Text im Spiel. (@Reichspepe)
Lingo CN 4.5.0AlternativeChinese替换所有游戏内文本。 (@Some1LikeYou)
Lingo KR 4.3.0AlternativeKorean게임의 모든 텍스트를 대체합니다. (rjatorgkwlak04)
Lingo ES4.4.0AlternativeSpanishReemplaza TODO el texto del juego. (@Devseena )
Major NPCs
  • Aylin is now a man. Ser Aylin's voice, portrait, sfx, flavour text and how 29 other NPCs and PCs refer to him has changed accordingly!
Quest Related NPCs
  • Nocturne (T) is now a man in appearance, portrait, flavour text AND voice (Download Video). Shadowheart now speaks of Nocturne as a he.(Download Audio)
  • Sebastian is now lady Sebastienne. Her portrait, body, voice, references by the narrator, you and Astarion should all match up. (Video 2)
Minor NPCs- (Video 1, Video 3 )
  • Rivington boy (T) now has the right body (lifted from SniperChris' BetterAesthetics).
  • Hunkers Boolean (G) is now Hannah Binary in appearance and voice.
  • Zerillo(T) and Ch'kk'ch(T), have swapped appearances to match their biological sex.
  • Nefula(L) in Blushing Mermaid voices her love for "Xander".
  • Lunkbug(G) the deep gnome no longer calls Beldron his husband or refers to him as "my".
  • Chorizo the Sauceman (G) mentions a wife.
  • Ploughman Zakk (G) at Lower City entrance is now a woman.
  • Kali Hammerhand (potential L) (panicbuycouple) turned into male gnome with male voice. Neno Quilltop no longer has nose ring and pink hair.
  • Laridda (L) no longer calls Philomeen "my" Phil. Philomeen (L) now calls Laridda a friend.
  • Tamia Holtz at the Foundry mentions a woman's niece and man's son instead of a wife (L) and a husband (G).
  • Clovia Throaks no longer mentions a lesbian lover. Blarson Throaks calls his wife's lover a "bastard" instead of minx.
  • Zethino (L) the dryad speaks of a platonic relationship.
  • Droona Schveitz (L) specifically mentions a daughter that passed away.
  • Fuschia Vineshoot (G) is now a woman.
  • Manpos Biggs (G) is now late Lanpos' brother and mentions his wife Lydia.
Flavour Text - Books, Journals, Item Desc etc
  • Altered mentions of "his husband/her wife" (G/L)
  • Yrre Sparkstruck (they) is now a "he"
  • Lower city man (G) who overdoses, has a letter that now mentions a wife
  • Amandus (L) writes to his wife Flora in Blighted Village.
  • Quelenna (L) in act 1 carries a love letter from Alexander.
  • A letter from Balduran (G) has been edited.
  • A poem from dedicated to Lanpos (G) has been edited.
Compatibility with Baldur's Better Aesthetics mod.
  • Names of 10 Fist members and cashguards have been altered to match their body/ethnicity.
Character Creation
  • The Non-Binary option is no longer selectable
  • The trans icon beside body type has been removed.
  • Body Type is now "Gender & Musculature"
  • Body Type options are now "M", "F", "MS" and "FS", instead of 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Voices are now described as Male 1, Female 1 etc instead of Voice 1, Voice 2
  • Optionally remove "Genitals Carousel" & "Hide Clothes" from Character Creator. Genital will set to default sex-based one.
  • Identity carousel has been removed completely. Now NPCs treat you like a woman/man based on your "Gender & Musculature" selection.
Disguise / Infiltration Spells
  • Now uses Male and Female instead of Masculine/ Feminine Body type.

[BUG Reports / Support]

[Archive] #1
BG3 NA NX1

Attachments

• No_Alphabets_5.0.rar
    145.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

PraiseJeebus

Reaction score
I am glad I opened nexus when I did, it was removed less than a minute after. Thank you for this, I am glad to see there are still BASED gamers.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
laxmods.site
Nexus user Kelkedaen wanted to post a rebuttal for this mod.
This only scratches the surface of Queer studies of Medieval Europe, but just to provide a shortened list of how uneducated the description of this mod is:

Sexuality, sociality, and cosmology in medieval literary texts / edited by Jennifer N. Brown and Marla Segol.Brown, Jennifer N. (Jennifer Nancy); Segol, Marla. 2013
Nothing natural is shameful : sodomy and science in late medieval Europe / Joan Cadden.Cadden, Joan, 1944-2013
Constructing medieval sexuality / Karma Lochrie, Peggy McCracken, and James A. Schultz, editors.Lochrie, Karma.; McCracken, Peggy.; Schultz, James A. (James Alfred), 1947-©1997
Thinking sex with the early moderns / Valerie Traub.Traub, Valerie, 1958- author. 2016
Queer Christianities : lived religion in transgressive forms / edited by Kathleen T. Talvacchia, Michael F. Pettinger, and Mark Larrimore.Talvacchia, Kathleen T., editor.; Pettinger, Michael F., editor.; Larrimore, Mark J. (Mark Joseph), 1966- editor. 2015
Dating Beowulf : studies in intimacy / edited by Daniel C. Remein, Erica Weaver.Remeiner, Daniel C.; Remeiner, Daniel C.; Weaver, Erica 2020
Listening to the sirens musical technologies of queer identity from Homer to Hedwig / Judith A. Peraino.Peraino, Judith Ann. 2005
Chaucer's queer nation / Glenn Burger.Burger, Glenn, 1954- ©2003
Same sex love and desire among women in the Middle Ages / edited by Francesca Canadé Sautman and Pamela Sheingorn.Canadé Sautman, Francesca, editor.; Sheingorn, Pamela, editor. 2001
Same-sex sexuality in later medieval English culture / Tom Linkinen.Linkinen, Tom, author. 2015
Sexuality and its queer discontents in Middle English literature / Tison Pugh.Pugh, Tison. 2008
Hopeless love : Boiardo, Ariosto, and narratives of queer female desire / Mary-Michelle DeCoste.DeCoste, Mary-Michelle, author. 2009
Hopeless love : Boiardo, Ariosto, and narratives of queer female desire / Mary-Michelle DeCoste.DeCoste, Mary-Michelle, author. 2009
Trans and genderqueer subjects in Medieval hagiography / edited by Alicia Spencer-Hall and Blake Gutt.Spencer-Hall, Alicia, editor.; Gutt, Blake, editor. 2021
Queering the medieval Mediterranean : transcultural sea of sex, gender, identity, and culture / edited by Felipe E. Rojas and Peter E.Thompson.Rojas, Felipe E., editor.; Thompson, Peter E., editor. 2021
On the queerness of early English drama : sex in the subjunctive / Tison Pugh.Pugh, Tison, author. 2021
Handbook of Arthurian romance : King Arthur's court in medieval European literature / edited by Leah Tether and Johnny McFadyen ; in collaboration with Keith Busby and Ad Putter.Tether, Leah, editor.; McFadyen, Johnny, editor.; Busby, Keith, contributor.; Putter, Ad, contributor. 2017
The Cambridge Companion to Medievalism / edited by Louise D'Arcens, University of Wollongong.D'Arcens, Louise, editor. 2016
Queering the Middle Ages / Glenn Burger, Steven F. Kruger, editors.Burger, Glenn, 1954- editor.; Kruger, Steven F., editor. ©2001
Queer love in the Middle Ages / Anna Klosowska.Roberts, Anna, 1966-2005
A gay history of Britain : love and sex between men since the Middle Ages / edited by Matt Cook ; with H.G. Cocks, Robert Mills, and Randolph Trumbach.Cook, Matt, editor.; Mills, Robert, 1973- editor.; Trumbach, Randolph, editor.; Cocks, Harry, 1968- editor. 2007
Premodern sexualities / edited by Louise Fradenburg and Carla Freccero ; with the assistance of Kathy Lavezzo.Fradenburg, L. O. Aranye, 1953-; Freccero, Carla, 1956-1995

TLDR; we've been here all along and your erasure is not going to stop that.

Last edited:
B

Brig

This only scratches the surface of Queer studies of Medieval Europe, but just to provide a shortened list of how uneducated the description of this mod is:

Sexuality, sociality, and cosmology in medieval literary texts / edited by Jennifer N. Brown and Marla Segol.Brown, Jennifer N. (Jennifer Nancy); Segol, Marla. 2013
Nothing natural is shameful : sodomy and science in late medieval Europe / Joan Cadden.Cadden, Joan, 1944-2013
Constructing medieval sexuality / Karma Lochrie, Peggy McCracken, and James A. Schultz, editors.Lochrie, Karma.; McCracken, Peggy.; Schultz, James A. (James Alfred), 1947-©1997
Thinking sex with the early moderns / Valerie Traub.Traub, Valerie, 1958- author. 2016
Queer Christianities : lived religion in transgressive forms / edited by Kathleen T. Talvacchia, Michael F. Pettinger, and Mark Larrimore.Talvacchia, Kathleen T., editor.; Pettinger, Michael F., editor.; Larrimore, Mark J. (Mark Joseph), 1966- editor. 2015
Dating Beowulf : studies in intimacy / edited by Daniel C. Remein, Erica Weaver.Remeiner, Daniel C.; Remeiner, Daniel C.; Weaver, Erica 2020
Listening to the sirens musical technologies of queer identity from Homer to Hedwig / Judith A. Peraino.Peraino, Judith Ann. 2005
Same sex love and desire among women in the Middle Ages / edited by Francesca Canadé Sautman and Pamela Sheingorn.Canadé Sautman, Francesca, editor.; Sheingorn, Pamela, editor. 2001
Same-sex sexuality in later medieval English culture / Tom Linkinen.Linkinen, Tom, author. 2015
Sexuality and its queer discontents in Middle English literature / Tison Pugh.Pugh, Tison. 2008
Trans and genderqueer subjects in Medieval hagiography / edited by Alicia Spencer-Hall and Blake Gutt.Spencer-Hall, Alicia, editor.; Gutt, Blake, editor. 2021
Queering the medieval Mediterranean : transcultural sea of sex, gender, identity, and culture / edited by Felipe E. Rojas and Peter E.Thompson.Rojas, Felipe E., editor.; Thompson, Peter E., editor. 2021
On the queerness of early English drama : sex in the subjunctive / Tison Pugh.Pugh, Tison, author. 2021
Handbook of Arthurian romance : King Arthur's court in medieval European literature / edited by Leah Tether and Johnny McFadyen ; in collaboration with Keith Busby and Ad Putter.Tether, Leah, editor.; McFadyen, Johnny, editor.; Busby, Keith, contributor.; Putter, Ad, contributor. 2017
The Cambridge Companion to Medievalism / edited by Louise D'Arcens, University of Wollongong.D'Arcens, Louise, editor. 2016
Queering the Middle Ages / Glenn Burger, Steven F. Kruger, editors.Burger, Glenn, 1954- editor.; Kruger, Steven F., editor. ©2001
A gay history of Britain : love and sex between men since the Middle Ages / edited by Matt Cook ; with H.G. Cocks, Robert Mills, and Randolph Trumbach.Cook, Matt, editor.; Mills, Robert, 1973- editor.; Trumbach, Randolph, editor.; Cocks, Harry, 1968- editor. 2007
Premodern sexualities / edited by Louise Fradenburg and Carla Freccero ; with the assistance of Kathy Lavezzo.Fradenburg, L. O. Aranye, 1953-; Freccero, Carla, 1956-1995

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SomeSwede

Does this affect Romance options/ scenes etc???

Does this affect Romance options/ scenes etc???
You have to combine it with NoRomanceMod.

I think, you have to combine it with NoRomanceMod.
So this just affect minor NPCs , if I for example as a Role-Play, If I already started female romance with a female companion, does it just cancels it? or does these changes affect non-comnpanions mainly?

So this just affect minor NPCs , if I for example as a Role-Play, If I already started female romance with a female companion, does it just cancels it? or does these changes affect non-comnpanions mainly?
I think it's mainly for non companions, but i can be wrong, you have to ask the mod author for details about the mod, sorry i can't be a help in this matter.
You can find all detailed info here.

I think it's mainly for non companions, but i can be wrong, you have to ask the mod author for details about the mod, sorry i can't be a help in this matter.
You can find all detailed info here.
Thank you kindly ^^

Which file is the latest tho?

Which file is the latest tho?
Currently, 3.6.1.1 from the attachments or all of them from the table separately

Currently, 3.6.1.1 from the attachments or all of them from the table separately
Thanks ^^

UltraFan123

Reaction score

I do find it hilarious when it says "this is a short list" and shows an entire Wikipedia catalog. The sheer insecurity of these weirdos is so plain to see. lol

ChezzaKitz

Reaction score
Those moaning are the same ones that accept the mod that changes lets say Gale into a female or sit saying "if you don't like a mod don't download it."

I like it thank you, I have nothing against those who swing their own way but I like to mod my way.

Cidershack

Reaction score
Thank you for this!! The haters will call this mod "anti-(alphabet)" but in reality it's pro-heterosexual.

A

ASL

how insecure are you about your own identity that you cant even look at queer PIXELS lmao you and everyone who uses this mod is SO pathetic

dont like the canonical queer representation, who mind you are JUST existing, nothing is "forced down your throat", then maybe this game isnt for you

Cidershack

Reaction score
how insecure are you about your own identity that you cant even look at queer PIXELS lmao you and everyone who uses this mod is SO pathetic

dont like the canonical queer representation, who mind you are JUST existing, nothing is "forced down your throat", then maybe this game isnt for you
A small group of people say "queerness isn't for me" and you respond with disgusting, vitriolic hatred. Your post says way more about you than it does about them.

C

CoolManJones

Lmao I can't even imagine the type of sweaty loser you'd have to be to download this mod. What a bunch of sensitive little nerds

Sanctuary56

Reaction score

What's notable here are most of the publication dates. It appears to be mass pandering to the alphabet fringe to rake in some money before woke goes the way of Disco...

D

die troons

Lmao I can't even imagine the type of sweaty loser you'd have to be to download this mod. What a bunch of sensitive little nerds
No one is more pathetic than alphabet people who dont even feel comfortable in their own biological bodies

Top Bottom