admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
laxmods.site
Mod Author: GotPlatinum

Overview:

While the game is reviewed positively by players, one notable criticism levied at it, apart from the gameplay being too easy for some, is the writing in some areas of the game. A certain character keeps repeating "lol" or some variation of it even in scenes not meant to be all that comedic, like informing the king that a ruler was deposed, resulting in a weird tonal whiplash. A nazi-coded (complete with red armband) character's dialogue mostly being about fallacies and the protagonists fighting him (in the middle of a coup, for context) is proof that they couldn't win a "civil debate." A newspaper outright saying "canceled" and "woke." Unlike Aquila, who studied human writing (something very few characters can decipher) and is even shown to have a smartphone during the climax, there isn't an attempt to even handwave it.

To put it simply, this mod is an attempt to rectify that.

Changes include:
  • Removed AGAB graffiti in Murida.
  • Reverted post-timeskip Siobhan's pronouns from they/them to she/her.
  • Changed Aquila's pronouns from they/them to he/him. Sex was chosen based on one line in the game files that has someone off-handedly refer to him as a guy.
  • Changed Aquila's "gender is arbitrary" line and slightly altered dialogue with Nemain.
  • Attempted to adjust Sky Garden dialogue (and a couple related to it) to be less obnoxious. Had to take some liberties at a couple points, particularly with Hank aka the "civil debate" guy.
  • A couple other changes I probably forgot about.
SS BA1
SS BA2
  • Fixed capitalization of "deposed" and "claims" in the newspaper headline.
  • Edited out Hank's red armband to the best of my ability.
  • Edited out Aiden's red armband to the best of my ability
  • Fixed the changed line for Josh's "make Sky Garden great again" not appearing for some reason
  • Changed the word "sus" to either suspicious (Hemerodromos) or nonsense (Mr. S)
  • Changed missed instance of "uwu softboi" to just "soft boy"
  • Removed more instances of the word "degenerate" that I missed. The remaining one is intentionally kept.
  • Other minor fixes.
  • Replaced the Sky Garden rainbow banners that represent Clan Red with a simple blue banner with a red flower. Changed some dialogue to account for this, making it more about the lack of flowers rather than the rainbow banner.
  • Changed a certain character's line from "you are my dearest" to "you are my best friend."
  • Changed Bree and Stilton's lines related to proposing to each other.

Installation:

Open package.nw in the game directory with 7zip, WinRAR, etc
Drag and drop the modded files into the archive and say yes when it asks you if you want to copy/replace the files.

Attachments

• Less_Anachronism_1.3.rar
    410.6 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom